Sunday, March 4, 2012

Stripes = Neutral

This is the time of the a year when I start sneaking my Spring clothing and accessories into my daily outfits. I'm growing tired of wearing blacks, earth tones, boots, sweaters, coats, etc. I'm starting to gravitate more towards brights and pastels. This outfit of the day is a great example of how to add the inspiration of Spring into your end of Winter wardrobe. I love treating my black & white striped pieces as neutrals, then building a look from there. Just like neutrals black & white stripes go with just about any color and many different patterns too! I added a bright colored belt, shoes and geometric patterned scarf. I toned it down with opaque black tights, to keep it season/weather appropriate. Warning: This is a picture heavy post.

dress- H&M
scarf- thrifted
belt- thrifted
tights- Walgreens
shoes- Steve Madden

Kisses!
Faith


2 comments:

  1. I love the mix of prints and use of the color in this outfit! You look great!

    ~Tavia
    www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete